Sunday, December 11, 2011

Deck the Halls with Paper Wizard!

Hey, there! I’m thrilled to be joining you today as a guest blogger on the new Paper Wizard blog! Paper Wizard and I go way back…back when I was a young college student and PW was just beginning to cast its magical spell on the scrapbooking industry. Now many moons later, I spend my days as an editor for Paper Crafts magazine. From cards to tags to home décor pieces, I’m constantly amazed what people can do with paper, adhesive and a little imagination.

Today, I’d like to share some projects made with Paper Wizard’s Christmas-themed kits. While these intricate laser die cuts are perfect for scrapbooking your memories, they’re also great as embellishments on cards, gift bags, and so much more!

Let’s begin with the Santa with Cookie (H-SANTA-B) kit. This jolly fellow comes complete with a fur-trimmed suit and a chocolate chip cookie! Since Santa deserves to be the star of this card, I matted him with a striped patterned paper and added the perfect sentiment:

Next I had some merry fun with the Christmas Stockings in Crimson (H-STK-C) and Forest (H-STK-G). I decided to make personalized gift tags for my sister Laurie and cousin Carter. All I did was spell out their names with cream alpha stickers and add some gold twine to the stocking loop. Super easy! They also make great tree ornaments!

For my last project, I was inspired by the Silver Snowflake Minis (SE-SNFLK-M). This kit comes with five mini snowflakes made out of sparkling glitter paper! I decided to use one snowflake as an embellishment on this wintery treat bag. Using the navy cardstock strip from the packaging (waste not, want not!), I adhered a small panel to the front of the bag. Then I affixed the snowflake and added a pearl to the center for some extra sparkle. Finishing touches include a white sentiment sticker (shows up great on the dark cardstock!) and a pretty gray and white ribbon:

Well, there's three festive projects that are so easy to make! What can you do with paper, adhesive and a little imagination? Given this magical season, the possibilities are endless!

Happy Holidays!
P. Kelly Smith

3 comments:

  1. My favorite summer memories when I was a kid growing up helping my daddy in the hay field I am now 6 and he has been gone many but I'm still a daddy's girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 9 years old. I'm coming up on 50 (fast!) and am still a "Daddy's girl" too!

    ReplyDelete